Friday, June 30, 2006

Bothersome Detail

-->Going commando from time to time is fun. Make sure you wear button fly jeans. Yeah, zippers are a bitch!

I'm disturbed. As most (ok all!) of my friends know, I haven't "really" dated for almost 5 years. Yeah, I've 'talked' with other guys, but nothing anywhere serious. Every time they bother me by asking why, I just tell them that I haven't found the right guy yet. To my dismay, they just urge me to just get laid. These are my friends that I'm talking about.

It doesn't bother me coz I know I'm not that type of person (ok, anymore!) Lately, I've gotten the itch to start talking to guys again (must be my new tongue ring. ha! still not that type!) and have spoken with a few. Told some friends of this tidbit. Instead of being happy for me, they immediately ask what was wrong with the guy(s).

Huh?

Exactly my sentiment. Not wanting to hear what they meant, I asked anyway. Flea, my house mate, reasoned it as FEAR.

WHAT THE FUCK?

Further explaining that it is my way of protecting myself. Making up excuses why I would think the guy is not good for me or what I don't like about the person before even a big date, therefore I won't have to make an effort to get to know the guy better. My firewall. My fear of getting hurt...Again.

Sadly, I think she nailed this one on the head.