Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Hello Sacramento!

"Doors will be opening for you in many areas of your life."
--fortune cookie, 7 Nov 06



I got a tentative offer last Thursday. Meaning they were only waiting for the final ok/signature by the HR people. I was told that I was to get a call that same day or the next.

I was so excited that on Friday, I tendered by resignation even if I haven't gotten the final call. I never did.

I was so nervous the whole weekend.

Monday came and went. Nada! I was down and feeling sick to my stomach.

Tuesday. I got so anxious that I broke down and called the person. No answer. Transferred to his voicemail. Left a message. WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON?

Thinking that maybe the offer was rescinded, I decided then and there that I will not take back my letter of resignation. It would look so dumb on my part. Fuck it. Went to lunch and stuffed my face.

I GOT THE JOB!

Two hours after returning from lunch, the person called me apologizing for his tardy reply. Stating that Friday was a bad day for HR and asked when I will be able to start work.

YAY! So here I am Sacramento!