Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Am I that Jaded?

Lately, I have been glancing at pictures of men kissing. While they are great to look at...ok, fine! Fuckingly awesome to look at, I come to realize that all of those pics only gave me a sense of sexuality. To me, every single one of them (and I saw plenty), was more about the sex. It was titillating. It gave me a woodie.

But to my disbelief, I couldn't help but think, "Is that it? Are we all about sex?" Then I realized that OMFG! I have yet to see a picture of two men kissing where the first thing that enters my mind would be of L-O-V-E. Nothing! Nada! Not even when I see pictures of nuptuals/civil ceremonies. They are all for show, lust, sterile, or gay4pay. Cynical? I am flabbergasted. Could it be that I'm still hurting? Nah. It's just how I see things. Could it be true that what society sees of us is really our truth? That we are nothing but sexual...One would hope not.

Don't get me wrong, I believe that a man2man kiss can exude LOVE. I have felt/experienced it. It's one of those "It's-all-me-and-him-and-nothing-else-in-the-world-matters-only-we-exist-spinning-melding-huh-what-just-happened" kind. So I know it is possible.

It just bothers me that I have not seen one.